Limited Time Offer– Receive a free private Skype lesson with me, Christian Howes, when you register for your 30-day free trial now:
If any of the following apply, you’re in the right place:
- You want to develop comfort or mastery in tonal improvisation, free improvisation, composition, and arranging.
- You want to become creatively self-expressed and develop your distinctive musical voice.
- You want to internalize harmony, voice-leading, scales, modes, and apply them.
- You want to become fluent in contemporary styles so you can jam with a church band, drum circle, indie rock band, jazz ensemble, bluegrass session, create YouTube covers, etc…
- You want to be able to use amplification and effects.
- You want to get gigs and take your creative musical career to the next level.
- Teachers: You want age-appropriate sequences to add to your bag of tricks.
TAKE THE TOUR:
Register below for our 30-day free trial. (Risk free).
Why should you believe that I can help you?
I’m proud to name many of the world’s most beloved creative string players among the list of my current and former students. These include Michael Doucet, Leah Zeger, Alex Hargreaves, Mike Barnett, Andrea Whitt, Jeremy Kittle, Jason Anick, Eli Bishop, Mike Block, and many more. The fact that the world’s top players seek me out as a mentor is one of the most compelling testimonials I can think of.
About me, Christian Howes:
A versatile performer in rock, jazz, blues, classical, and fiddle styles, I was awarded First Place (“Rising Stars / Violin”) in the Downbeat Critics Poll, nominated for “Violinist of the Year” by the Jazz Journalists Association, and named by Jazz Times among the top three violinists worldwide. As an educator teaching improvisation, harmony, and contemporary styles, I’ve helped thousands of string players and teachers worldwide. During my tenure as an Associate Professor at Berklee College of Music, I helped re-define the standards for improvising string players.
Creative Strings Academy provides easy online training to help you make the most of your musical creativity.
Become a fluent improvisor:
- Gain the ability to improvise easily in jazz, blues, rock, and other styles.
- Make Youtube covers with your own creative, signature style.
- Develop the ability to fit into various bands, perform unaccompanied, arrange music for your own group, follow lead sheets, and more.
Use amplification, effects and loops for strings:
- Make mashups, arrangements, remixes, and develop fluency with looping and effects.
Improve your listening:
- Recognize chord progressions, create bass lines, accompany and harmonize.
Get more gigs:
- Increase your bookings and income with common sense business tactics. Many of my students are touring, recording, arranging, teaching, and otherwise thriving. I regularly consult members on career development.
- Modernize your teaching studio – Bring your studio into the 21st century by teaching improvisation, arranging, composition, and related subjects.
With over 200 instructional video lessons, eBooks, backing tracks and other course materials, you’ll get an immense value as a member, including immediate access to download “Jazz Scales for Violin, Viola, and Cello“, “The Jazz Violin Harmony Handbook“, “Arpeggios for Violin, Viola, and Cello“, and “The Electric Violin Training Kit” all totally free the moment you register.
Watch a sample lesson video here:
My private students at Berklee paid thousands of dollars for access to this feedback.
You get this for free for 30 days, with no catch, and if you stay, it’s only $39.95 per month (cancel anytime).
We all know that having a coach to give us personalized feedback and keep us accountable has tremendous value. I’m offering to be your coach, and my commitment is to give my best effort to every student – that means you.
Hope to see you soon on Skype!