Limited Time Offer– Receive a free private lesson with Christian Howes when you sign up for a free 30-day trial here
TAKE THE TOUR:
If any of the following apply, you’re in the right place:
- You want to develop comfort or mastery in tonal improvisation, free improvisation, composition, and arranging.
- You want to become creatively self-expressed and develop your distinctive musical voice.
- You want to internalize harmony, voice-leading, scales, modes, and apply them.
- You want to become fluent in contemporary styles so you can jam with a church band, drum circle, indie rock band, jazz ensemble, bluegrass session, create YouTube covers, etc…
- You want to be able to use amplification and effects.
- You want to get gigs and take your creative musical career to the next level.
- Teachers: You want age-appropriate sequences to add to your bag of tricks.
Register below for our 30-day free trial. (Risk free).
Take a free private lesson with Christian when you sign up for the free trial. You can cancel your free trial anytime prior to 30 days and you won’t be billed a dime. After 30 days you will be billed $39.95 per month (cancel anytime).
Creative Strings Academy provides easy online training to help you make the most of your musical creativity.
Become a fluent improvisor:
- Gain the ability to improvise easily in jazz, blues, rock, and other styles.
- Make Youtube covers with your own creative, signature style
- Develop the ability to fit into various bands, perform unaccompanied, arrange music for your own group, follow lead sheets, and more.
Learn to use effects and other technology for strings:
- Make mashups, arrangements, remixes, and develop fluency with looping and effects.
Improve your listening:
- Recognize chord progressions, create bass lines, accompany and harmonize.
Get more gigs:
- Increase your bookings and income with common sense business tactics. Many of Christian’s students are successfully touring, recording, arranging, teaching, and thriving, and Christian regularly consults Academy members on career development.
- Modernize your teaching studio – Bring your studio into compliance with the new standards in teaching improvisation, arranging, composition, and more.
With over 200 instructional video lessons, eBooks, backing tracks and other course materials, you’ll get an immense value as a member, including immediate access to download all of my books including “Jazz Scales for Violin, Viola, and Cello“, “The Jazz Violin Harmony Handbook“, “Arpeggios for Violin, Viola, and Cello“, and “The Electric Violin Training Kit” all totally free the moment you register.
Watch a sample lesson video here:
About Christian Howes – Violinist/Educator
A versatile performer in rock, jazz, blues, classical, and fiddle styles, Christian was awarded First Place (“Rising Stars / Violin”) in the Downbeat Critics Poll and nominated for “Violinist of the Year” by the Jazz Journalists Association. He was named by the Jazz Times Critics Poll among the top three jazz violinists worldwide. He has recorded 15 albums, toured the world extensively, and performed/recorded with Les Paul, Bill Evans, Victor Wooten, Paquito D’Rivera, Bela Fleck, Dafnis Prieto, Robben Ford, Sam Bush, Richard Galliano, Spyro Gyra, and a long list of A-List musicians in various styles. As an educator specializing in teaching improvisation, harmony, and contemporary styles to classically trained string players, he has helped thousands of string players and teachers at schools, orchestras, and conferences worldwide. During his tenure as an Associate Professor at Berklee College of Music, he helped define the standards for improvising string players.