FREE and Teacher-approved: Use Them in YOUR Classroom
Creative Strings Play-Along Videos
We made the news!
Click the playlist icon on the top right below to choose from 100+ lessons. Enjoy!
Subscribe to be notified of new free videos when they are released.
Here’s a directory of all my playlists- just for you.
Each playlist includes a series of multiple videos for different levels by theme including the below.
To use these play-a-long lessons most effectively:
- Pick a song or style that interests you
- Pick your preferred difficulty
- Play the video on one device and record yourself playing along on another.
- Listen back- see how you did!
Teachers: assign a specific video lesson to your students and have them send you their recordings for evaluation.
To get feedback from me personally (or further teacher resources), consider ways to work with me via this page: https://christianhowes.com/about-us/: or email me at email@example.com
Watch Ava play along to a Funk lesson:
Downloadable Backing Tracks
Get everything you need to make the most of these video lessons
Get the professionally mastered audio backing tracks (+ PDF’s) for $1 or any amount you choose.
It’s not going to keep the lights on, but you’ll be supporting this project and you’ll get value back times a hundred.
- Get lifetime access to all current & future backing tracks, lesson notes, pdf’s, and more by donating minimum $1 below.
Want to get more resources?
You’ll get everything above, plus access to all my premium e-courses and much more.
Teachers:Share these free play alongs with your students to:
- Develop your students technique, ear training, and theory in various styles
- Promote student independence. Your students can record themselves, reflect back and share their work.
- Save yourself time and stress of making your own materials from scratch
- Give students something different and fun to do- they're short and easy enough for all levels
Creative Strings is a non-profit organization with a mission to positively transform music education through school outreach, professional development conferences, and online curriculum.
Creative Strings is made possible in part by state tax dollars allocated by the Ohio Legislature to the Ohio Arts Council (OAC). The OAC is a state agency that funds and supports quality arts experiences to strengthen Ohio communities culturally, educationally, and economically.