Blues Improvisation Series
Are you a classical player who’s been feeling blue? This series will have you playing the blues in no time.
For more on the blues read my article: Blues Violin Improvisation- Context for Classical Musicians
In this package:
•Gain an understanding of blues scales
•Work through my easy improvisation method
•This five lesson video series with corresponding MP3 backing tracks and worksheet will transform you into a competent blues player
- Learn how to play this bedrock style of contemporary American music from which Pop, Rock, R&B, Jazz, Gospel, Hip Hop, and others draw.
- Create tension and richness in your playing, both rhythmically and harmonically.
- This course includes 5 lesson videos, 2 mp3s and a worksheet to get you started on things like:
- Translating the blues literary form into effective melodic expression
- Generating rhythmic tension through the manipulation of triplets
- Creating bass lines & comping patterns in 12 bar blues within various grooves