What is CREATIVE STRINGS ACADEMY?
Creative Strings Academy is a home study course providing easy online training to help you become a more creative musician. With over 200+ video lessons and course materials, you’ll also gain access to personalized feedback from Christian Howes, a former Associate Professor at Berklee College of Music and one of the world’s most widely respected improvising violinists.
Special promotion for limited time only: Receive a free private Skype lesson when you sign up for our free 30-day trial below!
The Creative Strings Academy is right for you if:
- You want to develop comfort or mastery in tonal improvisation, free improvisation, composition, and arranging.
- You want to become creatively self-expressed and develop your distinctive musical voice.
- You want to internalize harmony, voice-leading, scales, modes, and apply them.
- You want to become fluent in contemporary styles so you can jam with a church band, drum circle, indie rock band, jazz ensemble, bluegrass session, create YouTube covers, etc…
- You want to be able to use amplification and effects.
- You want to get gigs and take your creative musical career to the next level.
- Teachers: You want age-appropriate sequences to add to your bag of tricks.
If any of these apply to you, take the tour of the Creative Strings Academy and/or register below for our 30-day free trial.
For a limited time only: Receive a free private lesson with Christian when you sign up for the free trial here! (You will receive an email with scheduling instructions after signing up.) We are currently offering a free trial for 30 days! You can cancel your free trial anytime prior to 30 days and you won’t be bllled a dime. If you stay beyond 30 days you will be billed $39.95 per month and you can cancel anytime for any reason.
Become a fluent improvisor in contemporary styles:
- Gain the ability to improvise easily in jazz, blues, rock, and other styles.
- Make Youtube covers with your own creative, signature style
- Develop the ability to fit into various bands, perform unaccompanied, arrange music for your own group, follow lead sheets, and more.
Learn to use effects and other technology for strings:
- Make mashups, arrangements, remixes, and develop fluency with looping and effects.
Improve your ears:
- Recognize chord progressions, create bass lines, accompany and harmonize.
Get more gigs:
- Increase your bookings and income with common sense business tactics. Many of Christian’s students are successfully touring, recording, arranging, teaching, and thriving, and Christian regularly consults Academy members on career development.
- Modernize your teaching studio – Bring your studio into compliance with the new standards in teaching improvisation, arranging, composition, and more.
With over 200 instructional video lessons, eBooks, backing tracks and other course materials, you’ll get an immense value as a member, including immediate access to download all of my books including “Jazz Scales for Violin, Viola, and Cello“, “The Jazz Violin Harmony Handbook“, “Arpeggios for Violin, Viola, and Cello“, and “The Electric Violin Training Kit” all totally free the moment you register.
Watch a sample lesson video here:
About Christian Howes – Violinist/Educator
A versatile performer in rock, jazz, blues, classical, and fiddle styles, Christian was awarded First Place (“Rising Stars / Violin”) in the Downbeat Critics Poll and nominated for “Violinist of the Year” by the Jazz Journalists Association in 2011. In 2012 he was named by the Jazz Times Critics Poll among the top three jazz violinists. He has recorded 13 albums, toured the world extensively, and performed/recorded with Les Paul, Bill Evans, Victor Wooten, Paquito D’Rivera, Bela Fleck, Dafnis Prieto, Robben Ford, Sam Bush, Richard Galliano, Spyro Gyra, and a long list of A-List musicians in various styles. As an educator specializing in teaching improvisation, harmony, and contemporary styles to classically trained string players, he has helped thousands of string players and teachers at schools, orchestras, and conferences worldwide.