Join us for the 2016 Creative Strings Festival
For the fourteenth year, the Creative Strings Festival promises to inundate Central Ohio with the sound of strings! Violins, cellos, violas, and basses will be heard singing and wailing through bluegrass, jazz, rock, Celtic, Latin, blues, and more at clubs, restaurants, cafes, and other venues. Find our schedule of live performances below, most of which are free and family-friendly. Check back as we continue to add dates!
Here are some of the highlights. All performances are free and open to the public unless noted otherwise:
- 1:30-2:30PM – Willow Brook at Delaware Run (private performance)
“Columbus Music Hop”
- 5:00-6:45PM – Brothers Drake
- 5:00-7:00PM – Crimson Cup
- 5:00-7:00PM – Global Gallery
- 5:30-7:00PM – Westerville Public Library
- 5:30-7:30PM – Loft Violin Shop
- 8:30PM – Natalie’s Coal-Fired Pizza ($10, limited seating available)
- 7:00-9:00PM – “Than Strings My Soul”: A collaboration between Creative Strings and New Covenant Believers Church (donations welcome)
- 12:00-2:00PM – Delaware Library (Ostrander Branch)
- 2:00-4:00PM – Delaware Library (Delaware Branch)
- 2:00-4:00PM – Delaware Library (Orange Branch – tentative)
- 4:00-6:00PMish – Delaware Library (Powell Branch)
- 5:00PM – Sanborn Hall – Creative Strings Youth Program Concert
- 7:00PM – William St. United Methodist Church
From Chris Deville’s article in Columbus Alive, Music: Creative Strings Festival.
“Classical music can be, for lack of a better word, kinda stuffy. But not if Christian Howes has anything to say about it.
The esteemed jazz violinist hosts his Creative Strings Festival, aimed at helping violinists, cellists and the like learn to improvise and unlock their creative potential.
Howes recruits top innovators in his field as mentors for adults from around the world and a handful of Columbus kids aiming to expand their musical palettes. The fruits of their labor will be on display at public performances throughout the week.”
Thanks to this year’s sponsors: