If you’d like to be able to
- play melodies in a soulful style
- improvise your own melodies
- share ready-made fun lessons with students
- Develop a habit of playing distinct phrases
- Put clear limits on yourself. (Like in my course on Free Improvisation)
- Be conscious of the melodic rhythm
- Take the opportunity sometimes to learn things by ear.
- Grow faster by recording yourself and listening back.
- Create and release rhythmic tension via different groupings of triplets, and by playing in back, middle, or front of the beat.
Specific to the style
- Mix blues scales to create and release harmonic tension