- Extensive, comprehensive curriculum developed from my 20+ years of experience
- Weekly play-a-long group classes (2 hours)
- Support and advice on recording your compositions, arrangements, and improvised performances
- Private lessons, exclusive community, & much more…
Join now and get a head start with our 70+ members in our current term!
Whether you’re a student, amateur, pro player or teacher, we’ve got something for you. The moment you join, you’ll get…
- an introductory private lesson to clarify your goals and choose your first project(s).
- a workbook to track progress & stay accountable.
- access to our private Facebook group with ready-to-go units created by me and the mentors
- Access to weekly group classes on Zoom (replays available)
Throughout the term you’ll be able to attend group classes, access all units and course materials, and complete your projects with anytime feedback. At the end, you’ll receive a second private lesson.
I've been doing this for 4 weeks now. My goals were to get myself to the next level of musical accomplishment on the fiddle, to get focused, and to overcome some of my known barriers. I've made huge strides on all these goals. I feel way more accomplished as a player and I know I'm going to seriously kill when I hit the stage.
You’ll also get long form lesson articles dripped out in emails to keep you motivated and inspired . One member said it was good for reading in bed. If you’re familiar with emails to my list of 14,000 followers, these premium emails take it to another level.
Project-based learning allows you to develop new skills while creating lasting content that you can be proud of. Pick your starting project and path in week one and go from there.
Our personalized, online format makes it easy for us to focus on what you want to learn by providing:
Players |Develop Your Creative Portfolio
Use your finished projects to market your brand and get more of the gigs you want. Invest in developing your creative voice so you and others can celebrate it. click here to sign-up now
Teachers | Give Awesome Projects to Your Students
Share course materials directly with students and get them working on projects of their own! They can work either solo or in small teams. These courses would otherwise normally cost thousands for your district. click here to sign-up now
You, or your students, can make mini-projects, or medium to bigger projects like these below.
Fiddle Funk Low-Down Looping
“Georgia on My Mind” for String Ensemble
Improvisation for Unaccompanied Violin
Unlimited Personal Feedback on Your Progress
For each step you take, post your work to get feedback from me and the mentors in your own personal thread.
This workshop has shown me how to get out of my all-improvs-sound-the-same rut. The content is well explained through videos, meetings and invaluable comments on my own uploaded videos from jazz violinist extraordinaire, Christian Howes and his team. Highly recommended!
Interactive Group Classes
Attend fast-paced, content-packed classes every week. Replays available.
- Scheduled in advance by topics
- Curriculum taught live so you actually get it done- because you set it in your calendar and show up.
- Opportunities to receive masterclass-style coaching (you perform in front of the group).
Three Foundational Units
New to improv? Or just looking to really build a solid foundation? Consider making your first project based on one of these units:
1. EASY TONAL IMPROVISATION
Learn to compose, arranger, or improvise over foundational tonal chord progressions using Pachelbel’s Canon as an example. Apply your newfound skills to your own projects, like arranging your own song covers (complete with multiple parts!) and more.
- 10 play-along videos with Chris with a young student demoing exercises
- 3 play-a-long video masterclasses with Chris
- 3 play-a-long videos with Chris and a high school orchestra
- A printable workbook so you can work away from your computer, or even your instrument!
- Backing tracks in multiple styles
- and more…
2. FREE IMPROVISATION
Start creating your own music immediately-no theory necessary. Includes:
- 11-part play-along series requiring no previous experience
- 5-part play-along series requiring no previous experience
- A list of 100 ideas for free improvisations
- And more…
Many current members are recording 5-25 improvisations every day using this course right now.
3. PLAY-ALONG VIDEOS BY STYLE
Record composed or improvised performances to backing tracks in various styles. Perfect “mini projects” for you or your students. Check out the example and feedback below
Ready for more? You’ll get access to multiple additional units with resources covering diverse stylistic interests and applications like: (click on topic for description)
Advanced Jazz Harmony
Dive into melodic minor for a Gypsy Jazz or modern sound.
Master blending pentatonic scales together to make your lines sound more interesting.
Bossa and Samba
In short, you’ll have access to the most extensive course curriculum in the world of creative string playing. It’s been developed and expanded upon for over 15 years in Creative Strings Academy, with the difference that this is a guided bootcamp, so you actually get it done.
This course will also show you how to teach & market online
You’ll see how I efficiently automate, batch process, provide personalization, content, and accountability online, as someone who has done it for 15 years. I’ll actively teach these strategies, so you’ll be able to gain confidence teaching online.
I’ll also show you many of the tactics and strategies I used to develop my brand and build my audience, whether you want to acquire more gigs from bandleaders, tour, teach, or grow your fan base…
Diverse Perspectives from World-class Coaches
I have strong opinions, but I want you to get second and third opinions too. That’s why I’ve asked…