Christian Howes Concert Programs and Educational Outreach Offerings currently accepting bookings for 2017 and 2018
To book Christian Howes or to inquire for more information, please contact:
Tiffany Goodman – email@example.com // 773-283-2830
All emails and voicemails will be returned in a timely fashion
See overview below and click to learn more about each project.
Christian Howes and Bobby Floyd- A mentorship and friendship which began in 1996 in Columbus, Ohio has blossomed over 20-plus years into a deep musical connection. Their shows offer a mix of gospel, swing, and jazz that places inspiration over technique and makes listeners feel good. (Available in duo or quartet with bass and drums).
– “Out Of The Blue” with Christian Howes and the Dangerous Band (trio, quartet or quintet) – An eclectic, artistic, and high energy show featuring Christian’s longtime working band.
American Spirit– Named among the “Best Jazz Albums of 2016” by the Huffington Post, Christian has adapted this CD theme into a flexible collaborative residency model.
– Christian Howes Solo with Orchestra (or string orchestra / big band) – Past performances include performing with the Muncie Symphony Orchestra (see video), Tucson Pops Orchestra, and more. Repertoire is available for all combinations or skill levels, both professional and with high schools and colleges.
–American Songbook: A Tribute to Les Paul – Christian’s ten years playing with American icon, Les Paul, informs his treatments in this show of classic standards, beautiful ballads, and swinging tunes of the “Hot Club”/Django Reinhart era. (Quartet and/or Quintet)
– Christian Howes, solo (unaccompanied) – This 45-75 minute show has wowed audiences all over the world the past three years. Christian’s Youtube channel is closing in on one million views in large part due to the popularity of his solo videos. Using a loop pedal live, Christian accompanies himself to demonstrate a “world of violin.” The family audiences adaptation, showing Christian’s own musical development, from age 5 to 45, as he progressed from “Twinkle,” to Bach, to Paganini, bluegrass, jazz, and more, is particularly inspiring to kids.
– Christian and Camille Howes – Father-child pairing presenting classical, jazz, and folk music for family audiences. (Available in duo or quintet)
– “Klazyc” Trio – Featuring classical themes with modern improvisation, this trio with Madrid-based collaborators Federico Lechner and Pablo Martin performs often in Europe.
Special projects: Christian can customize a concert program to suit your needs.
See below for current routing and call for dates/fees.
If you see that Christian is near your area, that is the ideal time to schedule. However, if you’re interested and your area is not listed, please give us a call and we will work it out. New dates are always being added. Keep in mind that some of the dates are evening performances and Christian may be available for educational programs in the day time.
To inquire regarding bookings, contact Tiffany Goodman at 773.283.2830, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Career Highlights:
2016 – “American Spirit” named by Huffington Post as one of the “Best Jazz Albums of the Year”
2015 – Won USArtists Award; Invited by the U.S. Embassy to tour Montenegro.
2013 – Invited by the U.S. State Department to tour Ukraine as a cultural ambassador to the United States
2013 – Named by Jazz Times as one of the Top Three Jazz Violinists
2012/13 – Recipient of the Chamber Music America Residency Partnership Grant
2011 – Named “#1 Rising Star (Violinist)” by Downbeat Magazines Reader’s Critic Poll, and nominated “Violinist Of The Year” by the Jazz Journalist Association
2010 – Featured on the PBS Documentary and live DVD “Les Paul: Live in New York”