Play-Along Zoom Mini-Workshop
Improvise with Confidence & overcome the fear of playing "wrong" notes
Choose Your Time/Day:
THURSDAY October 19 12 pm EST
SATURDAY October 21, 7:30 pm
- What you’ll gain:
⚫ THREE approaches to improvisation that can work for you immediately. I’ll share the exact exercises that have helped my students get past playing prescribed parts to making music in varied and creative ways. You’ll PLAY, improvising, muted, throughout the class.
⚫ Discover the difference between “learning harmony” and “doing improvisation”. By separating the two, we will end frustration and overwhelm, redesigning your practice routine for efficiency, enjoyment, and progress.
⚫ Groove cheat codes. Harmony Cheat Codes. Improvisation Cheat Codes.
Bonus: templates and step by step worksheets to take away so you can replicate the process with songs in almost any style.
****Traditional practice methods, while useful, can lead to feeling unmotivated and self-critical.
Pay here via Paypal or Credit Cara
All attendees will receive bonus resources and be able to ask questions and observe mini 1-1 coachings during the Q&A following class.
YOU'LL PLAY AND IMPROVISE (MUTED) THroughout
Hear from my students
Save your spot
how to improvise without knowing a ton of licks or tunes.
- Tonal and non-tonal
- Grooves and vamps
- Solo or in ensembles
So you can
- Play creatively with skills you currently have
- Accept yourself with every note you play
Gain strategies to Practice more Effectively:
- Save time by integrating harmony, improv, rhythm, & technique.
Internalize harmony on your instrument:
- Follow and remember chord progressions to tunes
- Create your own accompaniments or arrangements
- Make covers, acapellas, loops; collaborate, and jam
- Foster a Jamming culture
- Promote lifelong learning
- Support SEL and diversity
Professionals and Amateur Players
- Get off the sidelines
- Get gigs or opportunities
Feedback from Players and teachers
- 75-90 minutes: Play along, muted, with my prompts. You will go through several exercises with clear instructions and guidance.
- 45 minutess: mini-1-1 coaching for the first 15 who sign up. Open to all to observe. Q and A open to all.
- Take a sneak peek at the Pre-Party Guidebook
I will teach you skills you can apply universally in any style of music. Harmony, improvisation, groove, arrangement, and accompaniment apply in all styles, and you are going to get the cheat codes:)
Yes. I teach group classes like YOGA classes in the sense that every participant is offered modified exercises to their level. Everyone will be sufficiently challenged and everyone will be able to participate.
With Clear method and structure, it’s never too late to learn skills. Often the hobbyist players in my classes keep up with or outpace the professional experts, because they are open.
- Understand music in new ways
- Develop more efficient & effective practice strategies
- Find More enjoyment in your practice with Less self-judgement, overwhelm, and procrastination or boredom. If you’re passionate about music, I expect this to be transformative for you.