- Extensive, comprehensive curriculum developed from my 20+ years of experience
- Weekly play-a-long group classes (2 hours)
- Support and advice on recording your compositions, arrangements, and improvised performances
- Private lessons, exclusive community, & much more…
Whether you’re a student, amateur, pro player or teacher, we’ve got something for you. The moment you join, you’ll get…
- an introductory private lesson to clarify your goals and choose your first project(s).
- a workbook to track progress & stay accountable.
- access to our private Facebook group with ready-to-go units created by me and the mentors
- Access to weekly group classes on Zoom (replays available)
Throughout the term you’ll be able to attend group classes, access all units and course materials, and complete your projects with anytime feedback. At the end, you’ll receive a second private lesson.
The workshop offered videos, feedback and mentors that responded to all my goals (accompaniment, techniques, soloing w harmonic knowledge, connecting my voice with my viola). Also there was an opportunity to connect & watch other attendees on their journeys.
[spacer height=”10 px”]
You’ll also get long form lesson articles dripped out in emails to keep you motivated and inspired . One member said it was good for reading in bed. If you’re familiar with emails to my list of 14,000 followers, these premium emails take it to another level.
Project-based learning allows you to develop new skills while creating lasting content that you can be proud of. Pick your starting project and path in week one and go from there.
Our personalized, online format makes it easy for us to focus on what you want to learn by providing:
- A multi-week curriculum and master classes tailored to your needs
- Guidance and accountability as you complete your independent creative projects (or assign them to your students!)
Players | Develop Your Creative Portfolio
Use your finished projects to market your brand and get more of the gigs you want. Invest in developing your creative voice so you and others can celebrate it. click here to sign-up now
Teachers | Give Awesome Projects to Your Students
Share course materials directly with students and get them working on projects of their own! They can work either solo or in small teams. These courses would otherwise normally cost thousands for your district. click here to sign-up now
Here’s some examples of projects you or your students might make:
Fiddle Funk Low-Down Looping
“Georgia on My Mind” for String Ensemble
Improvisation for Unaccompanied Violin
Music Director at Darien Public Schools
Unlimited Personal Feedback on Your Progress
For each step you take, post your work to get feedback from me and the mentors in your own personal thread.
first violinist, Christchurch Symphony Orchestra
Interactive Group Classes
Attend fast-paced, content-packed classes every week. Replays available.
- Scheduled in advance by topics
- Curriculum taught live so you actually get it done- because you set it in your calendar and show up.
- Opportunities to perform for feedback in front of the group.
Get a FREE Zoom Masterclass Replay- just leave your email below”
Three Foundational Units
New to improv? Or just looking to really build a solid foundation? Consider making your first project based on one of these units:
1. EASY TONAL IMPROVISATION
Learn to compose, arranger, or improvise over foundational tonal chord progressions using Pachelbel’s Canon as an example. Apply your newfound skills to your own projects, like arranging your own song covers (complete with multiple parts!) and more.
- 10 play-along videos with Chris with a young student demoing exercises
- 3 play-a-long video masterclasses with Chris
- 3 play-a-long videos with Chris and a high school orchestra
- A printable workbook so you can work away from your computer, or even your instrument!
- Backing tracks in multiple styles
- and more…
2. FREE IMPROVISATION
Start creating your own music immediately-no theory necessary. Includes:
- 11-part play-along series requiring no previous experience
- 5-part play-along series requiring no previous experience
- A list of 100 ideas for free improvisations
- And more…
Many current members are recording 5-25 improvisations every day using this course right now.
3. PLAY-ALONG VIDEOS BY STYLE
Record composed or improvised performances to backing tracks in various styles. Perfect “mini projects” for you or your students.
Ready for more? You’ll get access to multiple additional units with resources covering diverse stylistic interests and applications like: (click on topic for description)
Advanced Jazz Harmony
Dive into melodic minor for a Gypsy Jazz or modern sound.
Master blending pentatonic scales together to make your lines sound more interesting.
Bossa and Samba
In short, you’ll have access to the most extensive course curriculum in the world of creative string playing. It’s been developed and expanded upon for over 15 years in Creative Strings Academy, with the difference that this is a guided bootcamp, so you actually get it done.
This course will also show you how to teach & market online
You’ll see how I efficiently automate, batch process, provide personalization, content, and accountability online, as someone who has done it for 15 years. I’ll actively teach these strategies, so you’ll be able to gain confidence teaching online.
I’ll also show you many of the tactics and strategies I used to develop my brand and build my audience, whether you want to acquire more gigs from bandleaders, tour, teach, or grow your fan base…
Diverse Perspectives from World-class Coaches
I have strong opinions, but I want you to get second and third opinions too. That’s why I’ve asked…
Review- Everything You Get with Full Access:
- The ability to focus on your goals in a project-based curriculum
- Individualized, timely support via private online forum from me and our world-class mentors
- Weekly Interactive Group Calls to connect with community and make sure you get it done
- Access to premium content (the same content available at my live camps and in my online Creative Strings Academy)
- Materials to share with your students in school-friendly formats (teacher access only)
- Two private lessons
What’s this Worth?
This can best be compared to a semester at a conservatory, where the most affordable programs charge a few thousand dollars
Higher end schools like Berklee, where I used to teach, cost tens of thousands, without the level of flexibility and access to curriculum we are offering.
Sign up and decide for yourself if other options really offer you:
- this level of cutting edge curriculum.
- real time personalized feedback.
- the challenge and value of personalized projects.
- a full seven weeks for even close to this price.
Violinist from Castlemaine, Victoria
Show up, schedule a lesson, and post within seven days. If you’re not satisfied, I’ll refund you and keep just $50 for the first private lesson.
Registering now for the Fall Session (Sept 1- Oct 15)
EARLY BIRD PRICING ends 11:59 PM EST on October 4 Prices will increase October 5
Live classes will take place Thursdays at 1 pm EST and Saturdays at 7:30 pm EST. This schedule was chosen to accommodate people in different time zones. Attendance at both sessions each week is NOT required to get a complete experience (although welcome).
(Premium Access including Lessons for Teacher PLUS permission to share materials with your students):
-Teaching more than 100 students?
-Want to plan for next school year?
-Have other questions?
Opened my mind
This workshop opened my mind further to what’s possible.
A Teacher that Understands
Thanks Christian Howes for providing this amazing platform. I'm so happy and relieved to have found a teacher that understands the frustrations of coming from a rigid classical background, and more importantly one who knows a way out into a wider world!!
I'm super happy with all of the information and resources. The workshop gave me a lot of information that I can work on for years
This workshop has been great! I’m learning a lot, and I feel really motivated to work on the topics.
Associate Lecturer at University of the Arts, London
Cellist from Australia