Creative String Playing Workshops in Brighton & London, March 29/30.
Learn, network, & Improvise in eclectic styles w violinist Christian Howes
BRIGHTON 1-5 pm, 29 March 2023
LONDON 1-5 pm, 30 March 2023
Who it’s for: ABRSM Grade 8 plus (or equivalent). Players and teachers welcome.
Price: £45 (Early Bird). Price will rise. Space is limited.
Pay here via Paypal or Credit Card:
Save by Booking Now!
Early bird offer: Pay just £45. Price will go up and Space is limited
THE ULTIMATE String Playing EXPERIENCE IN 1 DAY
29 March 2023
Friends Meeting House
10 minutes walk from Brighton Station
30 March 2023
TBA. If you have suggestions for space or would like to be on the waitlist, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What participants said
SAVE ON YOUR PURCHASE! EARLY BIRD OFFER: PAY JUST 45 pounds now. (LIMITED TIME OFFER)
Learn how to STRUCTURE your improvisation (beyond playing tunes.)
- Over free or non-tonal soundscapes
- Grooves, vamps, and modes
- Individually, and in small or large groups
So you can
- Play anything anytime with skills you currently have
- Accept yourself with every note you play
- integrating harmony, improvisation, and technique.
Internalize harmony on your instrument:
- Follow and remember the chord progressions to tunes
- Accompany other musicians in duo, trio, quartet, etc.
- Create your own unaccompanied arrangements of songs
- Make covers, acapellas, or loops.
- Foster a Jamming culture in your student community
- Foster a lifelong relationship w music for students
- Encourage diversity of students’ learning styles.
Professionals and Amateur Players
- Get off the sideline and jam confidently
- Get gigs or opportunities
Feedback from Players
EXAMPLE STRUCTURE OF WORKSHOP
- 1 hour: Guided Improvisation for solo, small group, and large group.We’ll explore accessible musical structures and you’ll improvise successfully from note 1.
- 1 hour: Mindful Integrated Improvisation using scalar and modal approach over varied grooves.
- 1 hour: Internalize harmony on your instrument so you can follow progressions in any style.
- 1 hour: groove playing, master class style performances, and break out jams.
I’m glad you asked! This is NOT a “Jazz class”. I will teach you skills you can apply in any style of music. If you specialize in jazz, I’ll help you with that.
Yes. I organize group workshops like a YOGA class in which every participant is offered modified exercises to their level. Everyone will be sufficiently challenged and everyone will be able to participate – like a Yoga class.
It’s never too late. You just need the right method and structure.
If you’re not interested in expanding your skill set, this is not for you.
- Watch some videos on my Youtube channel and decide for yourself.
- I’ve spent decades playing in communities from Latin, Blues, Gospel, R&B, Jazz, Rock, and Folk, and teaching musicians skills that apply.
- Understand music in new ways
- Develop more efficient & effective practice strategies
- Find more enjoyment in if you’re passionate about music, I expect this to be transformative for you.
If you want that, feel free to join us.
BRIGHTON 1-5 pm, 29 March
LONDON 1-5 pm, 30 March
Save on your purchase!
Early bird offer:
Pay just £45 (Limited time offer)