STRING PLAYERS AND TEACHERS
Gain confidence, understanding, and creativity to achieve breakthroughs in your music, teaching, or career- through 7 weeks of my personalized support in a community of committed peers.
Hear what my students are saying:
The workshop offered videos, feedback and mentors that responded to all my goals (accompaniment, techniques, soloing w harmonic knowledge, connecting my voice with my viola). Also there was an opportunity to connect & watch other attendees on their journeys.
You’ll get long-form written lessons in emails to keep you motivated and inspired. One member said they were good for reading in bed. If you’re familiar with emails to my list of 14,000 followers, these emails take it to another level.
STARTING OUT. . .
Whether you’re a student, amateur, pro player or teacher, we’ve got something for you. The moment you join, you’ll get…
- Aprivate lesson to clarify your goals and action plan.
- A workbook to track progress & stay accountable.
- Access to our private Facebook group with step by step learning units created by me and the mentors
- Access to twice-weekly 2-hour group classes on Zoom (replays available)
INCLUDES. . .
- Extensive, comprehensive curriculum developed from my 20+ years of experience
- Weekly play-a-long group classes (2 hours)
- Support and advice on recording your compositions, arrangements, and improvised performances
- Private lessons, exclusive community, & much more…
Project-based learning allows you to develop new skills while creating works you can reflect on, share, and be proud of. I’ll help you choose your starting project(s) and learning path in week one.
Our personalized, online format makes it easy for us to focus on what you want to learn by providing:
- A multi-week curriculum and masterclasses tailored to your needs
- Guidance and accountability as you complete your independent creative projects.
- For teachers who choose to license curriculum, I’ll help you craft assignments and lesson sequences for your students.
Develop Your Creative Portfolio
If you are focused on growing your career as a player or teacher, you’ll be able to use your projects to promote your offerings and get more of the gigs/students you want. Part of the reason to invest in developing your creative works is so you and others can celebrate it.
click here to sign-up now
Give Awesome Projects to Your Students
For teachers who choose our Licensing plans, you’ll have the ability to share course materials directly with students and get them working on projects of their own. They can work solo or in small teams. These courses would otherwise normally cost thousands for your district. click here to sign-up now
Music Director at Darien Public Schools
Here's some examples of projects you or your students might make:
Fiddle Funk Low-Down Looping
"Georgia on My Mind" for String Ensemble
Improvisation for Unaccompanied Violin
Unlimited Personal Feedback on Your Progress
Post your work to get feedback from me and the mentors in your own personal thread.
first violinist, Christchurch Symphony Orchestra
Post a range of your work from small to big, finished to unfinished projects, whenever is convenient for you!
Attend fast-paced, content-packed classes twice every week. Replays available.
- Scheduled in advance by topics
- Curriculum taught live so you actually get it done.
- Opportunities to perform for feedback in front of the group.
Grammy Award Winning VIolinist
Three Foundational Units
New to improv? Or just looking to really build a solid foundation? Consider making your first project based on one of these units:
1. EASY TONAL IMPROVISATION
Learn to compose, arrange, and improvise over foundational tonal chord progressions using Pachelbel’s Canon as an example. Apply the skills to your own projects, like arranging your own covers with multiple parts and more.
- 10 play-along videos with Chris and a young student demoing exercises
- 3 play-a-long video masterclasses with Chris
- 3 play-a-long videos with Chris and a high school orchestra (90 minutes)
- A printable workbook so you can work away from your computer or instrument.
- Backing tracks in multiple styles
- Chord Stacks – My original visual diagrams which will help you to always choose the “right notes” from minute one. Especially if you’re classically trained, this will change the way you see harmony, forever.
2. FREE IMPROVISATION
Start creating your own music immediately-no theory necessary. Includes:
- 11-part play-along series requiring no previous experience
- 5-part play-along series requiring no previous experience
- A list of 100 ideas for free improvisations
- And more…
Many members record 5-20 improvisations every day using this module alone. After spending ten minutes with this module, you will be improvising freely, creatively. Guaranteed.
3. PLAY-ALONG VIDEOS BY STYLE
Record composed or improvised performances to backing tracks in various styles. Perfect “mini projects” for you or your students.
Want more? You’ll get access to multiple additional units with resources covering diverse stylistic interests and applications like: (click on topic for description)
Dive into melodic minor for a Gypsy Jazz or modern sound.
Master blending pentatonic scales together to make your lines sound more interesting and authentic in Blues and related styles.
In short, you’ll have access to the most extensive course curriculum in the world of creative string playing. Developed for over 15 years in Creative Strings Academy, the difference is that this is a guided bootcamp, so you actually get it done.
This course will also show you how to teach & market online
You’ll learn the secrets behind how I automate, amplify, personalize, and produce content, while providing accountability online. You’ll be able to gain confidence teaching and/or marketing online so you can:
-make a bigger impact on your students
-grow your audience
I’ll also show you many other tactics and strategies I used to develop my brand and build my audience, whether you want to acquire more gigs from bandleaders, tour, teach, or grow your fan base or student roster.
Diverse Perspectives from World-class Coaches
I want you to get second and third opinions too. That’s why I’ve asked…
Review- Everything You Get with Full Access:
- The ability to focus on your goals in a project-based curriculum
- Individualized, timely support via private online forum from me and our world-class mentors
- Weekly Interactive Group Calls to connect with community and make sure you get it done
- Access to premium content (the same content available at my live camps and in my online Creative Strings Academy)
- Materials to share with your students in school-friendly formats (teacher Licensing access plans only)
- Two private lessons or consultations
- My extensive Premium Email Course
Who's it For?
Players and teachers ages 12 and up, including adult learners, amateurs, elite professionals, and students.
Wide Range of Abilities and Interests
It was very helpful to see the wide range of abilities and interests in the participants. I think Chris does a great job of relating, has a very caring attitude and is someone I can aspire to be more like. All the mentors and guest teachers have been great.
What’s this Worth?
This can best be compared to a semester at a conservatory, where the most affordable programs charge a few thousand dollars
Higher end schools like Berklee, where I used to teach, cost tens of thousands, without the level of flexibility and access to curriculum we are offering.
Consider for yourself if other options really offer you:
- this level of cutting edge curriculum.
- real time personalized feedback.
- the challenge and value of personalized projects.
- a diverse community of truly committed students
- a full seven weeks for even close to this price.
Violinist from Castlemaine, Victoria
Show up, schedule a lesson, and post within seven days. If you're not satisfied, I'll refund you and keep just $50 for the first private lesson.
See What Our Spring and Summer Participants Had to Say
Sign up for our November 1st- December 20th Bootcamp Today:
PRICES BELOW ARE EARLY-BIRD PRICES, GOOD THROUGH OCTOBER 1ST. BUY NOW TO SAVE
EARLY BIRD PRICING ends 11:59 PM EST on October 4 Prices will increase October 5
Live classes will take place Thursdays at 1 pm EST and Saturdays at 7:30 pm EST. This schedule was chosen to accommodate people in different time zones. Attendance at both sessions each week is NOT required to get a complete experience (although welcome).
(Premium Access including Lessons for Teacher PLUS permission to share materials with your students):
I'm super happy with all of the information and resources. The workshop gave me a lot of information that I can work on for years
This workshop has been great! I’m learning a lot, and I feel really motivated to work on the topics.
A Teacher that Understands
Thanks Christian Howes for providing this amazing platform. I'm so happy and relieved to have found a teacher that understands the frustrations of coming from a rigid classical background, and more importantly one who knows a way out into a wider world!!
Opened my mind
This workshop opened my mind further to what’s possible.