Sunday, June 28 – Saturday, July 4, 2020 | Columbus and Delaware, Ohio
- Immersion: Rehearse and perform alongside master artists, with over 20 performances in different venues. Throw yourself in to a schedule jam-packed with small ensemble coachings, clinics, jam sessions and concerts spanning world music, jazz, rock and fiddle styles.
- Growth: Step out of your normal routine and experience new breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Working with over 100 other creative musicians means you are with over 100 potential collaborators, and maybe even new BFF’s
- Connection: Performing with awesome bandleaders live, interacting in several ensembles, while connecting on a musical and human level, is the kind of thing that can change your belief in what’s possible for you – and open up options for the future of your musical career.
- Exposure: At this event, there’s just something in the air. It changes you.
Our intensive track welcomes professionals, students, amateurs and teachers of all ages. (Teachers can earn professional development credit.)
Our half-day youth program is primarily for locally-based middle school and high school students.
Nothing but the best
I’m floored and grateful for all Chris's very helpful advice. I’ve heard nothing about the best about Chris and that certainly shows here. His advice is heartfelt, generous and cogent.
What sets CSW apart?
- Our student to faculty ratio of approximately 1:7 allows for heavy interaction with our amazing faculty in an intimate, nurturing environment. Learn more about our faculty here.
- Community. Connect with players from around the world -musically, personally, and professionally.
- Tailor made. We tailor your experience according to your level and interests.
- Cutting Edge. We prepare you to seize the new and awesome career opportunities available to the modern string player.
Travel, Food and Lodging
The 2020 Creative Strings Workshop will be held in Columbus, Ohio, Sunday, June 28 – Saturday, July 4, 2020. We provide shuttle rides to and from Columbus International Airport (CMH). Camp is hosted at Ohio Wesleyan University. On-campus room and board is recommended. Arrive June 28th before 4PM. Depart July 4th before noon.
Rehearsals and Performances
These videos feature two of many small ensembles in one of 20+ public performances that take place during the week.
Tuition only: $1095
Tuition + food plan (no room): $1260
Tuition with shared room and board + food: $1695
Tuition with single room and board + food: $1905
*Buy your ticket or place a deposit by April 1st, 2020 to receive a $100+ discount*
Berklee Global String Intensive Camp (5 days):
Tuition with housing + meal plan: $2,045
Creative Strings Workshop (6 days):
Tuition with shared room + meal plan: $1,475 ($570 difference)
Register Now Below!
Adult program: A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to register. You may pay off the remaining balance prior to June 1, 2020. You may also purchase your tuition (and any room and board) in full. (See both options below)
Youth Program: Tuition is only $145. Please register below for the Youth program.
Register now below or contact us at email@example.com / 614-332-8689 with questions. Youth Program registration can be found underneath the larger box here.
For more information regarding different facets of the camp, consult the sidebar at the top right of this page.
Are you ready to change the way you make and teach music?
Helped me grow beyond my wildest dreams
This week-long festival pushed me out of my comfort zone, introduced me to musicians from all around the world, and helped me grow beyond my wildest dreams. I still get goosebumps thinking about all of the magical late-night jam sessions that inspired us to make music until dawn.
I'll be back next year, and the next
I left cherishing the music I have to share. I took away a re-kindled desire to keep at it, to learn the tools with patience and dedication. To leave my ego out of it, and walk toward a goal, with no need to get there. I'll be back next year, and the next.
Think about the possibilities that come from sitting in a room alongside dozens of musicians who need no introduction to how you think musically. They don’t just understand it, they live it everyday. Those are the people who can help you take your music to the next level. And they’ll be in Columbus this July.
If you’re worried about making the investment in coming, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 614-332-8689. I will personally answer you because I want you to feel comfortable and excited about being with us. There is nothing more important to me in my work right now than helping you feel like you’re leaving Columbus with a positively life changing experience this July!