Join us at CSW for a
positively life-changing experience!
July 3 – July 9, 2016 | Columbus, Ohio
- Immerse yourself in small ensemble coaching, clinics, jams, and concerts spanning world music, jazz, rock, and fiddle styles.
- Rehearse and perform alongside master artists, with over 20 performances in different venues. Scroll down to learn more and register!
Who is Creative Strings Workshop for?
Creative musicians. Especially string players.
- Our intensive track includes intermediate to advanced players ages 15-75. If you’re a pro, amateur, teacher (graduate credit available), fiddler, jazzer, teenager, retiree, student, or future rock star looking for 16-hour+ days full of music, you’ll fit right in.
- Our half-day program (the “youth program“) is for local middle school and high school students. It meets four hours per day and is subsidized to offer local students affordable, fun, summer enrichment. Click here for more info.
What sets it apart?
- Heavy interaction with amazing faculty in an intimate, nurturing environment. Rehearsing, performing, eating, learning, listening, jamming, partying, networking, and receiving mentoring from world-class artists around the clock. Learn more about our faculty here.
- Community. Connect with players from around the world on inspired and creative paths musically, personally, and professionally.
- Tailor made. We will help you tailor your experience according to your level and interests.
Travel, Food and Lodging
The 2016 Creative Strings Workshop will be held in Columbus, Ohio, July 3-9, 2016. We will provide shuttle rides to and fromColumbus International Airport (CMH). Camp is hosted at Ohio Wesleyan University. On-campus room and board is available and recommended. Arrive July 3rd before 4PM. Depart July 9th before noon.
Real rehearsals and performances
Take a peek at what really happens at the Creative Strings Workshop. The first video features one of our many ensembles performing in downtown Delaware at their monthly public outdoor festival, while the second video is footage from a large ensemble rehearsal led by Greg Byers.
Some great players swinging in Micah Thomas’s ensemble on his original arrangement. #creativestrings took over Delaware Main Street July 3rd
Posted by Christian Howes on Saturday, July 4, 2015
The 2016 #CreativeStrings Workshop is underway!
Posted by Christian Howes on Sunday, June 28, 2015
Cost for the Intensive (Adult) program:
Tuition only: $975
Tuition + food plan (no room): $1155
Tuition with shared room and board + food: $1325
Tuition with single room and board + food: $1450
Cost for the Youth program: $125
Berklee Global String Intensive Camp (5 days):
Tuition with housing + meal plan: $2,045
Creative Strings Workshop (5.5 days):
Tuition with shared room + meal plan: $1,325 ($720 difference)
Register Now Below!
Adult program: A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to register. You may pay off the remaining balance prior to June 26. You may also purchase your tuition (and any room and board) in full. (See both options below)
Youth Program: Tuition is only $125. Please register below for the Youth program.
Register now below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 614-332-8689 with questions.
After registering, you will receive an email confirmation within the next 1-2 days. Once you finish registering, you will be redirected to a form you need to fill out — please do not skip over that page!
Special thanks to this year’s sponsors for their support towards scholarships and/or other associated costs: